The people there are outstanding! The course had some good points - and some 'not so good' points.
1. This is the first time I've been across speed bumps that were wide enough not to drag the bottom of my handcycle. Most speed bumps are to narrow and the front tire is off before the back tires get to the bump and you are too low to go over it smoothly. Bainbridge, GA speed bumps are higher - but wide enough for the rear tires to start up before the front tire is off the bump ... no dragging!
2. Some of the friendliest people I've come across! Everyone encouraged the runners - even the spectators that sat out on lawn chairs to watch.
1. Cobblestones in the downtown area. Cobblestones shake you a LOT on a handcycle.
2. A HUGE hill around the 3 mile point!
3. An overpass that is a bit of a hill, too ...
3. Potholes and other rough areas! The streets could use some work.
Lined up at the start -
Overall, this is a very nice race and I will be back next year!
The bling (it's all about the bling!) -
Etched Mug for 1st place in my Division!