Saturday, March 8, 2014

Shamrock Scurry 5K

Up at 5:45 this morning; on the road by 6:30. Yuck!

Packet Pick-up was quick and easy. They had a 1Mile run that started at 8:00 and was over before they started the 5K. Wheelchair Start: 8:28 - the other 677 started at 8:30.

This course has a LOT of hills! You may think that Florida is flat ... it isn't! They aren't HUGE hills, but any incline seems that way in a racing chair. They are still pretty significant inclines along the route they chose.

A hint to Race Directors - do NOT put a turn 3/4 of the way down the only real decent on the course.  I had worked my way UP the other side; I was probably going over 40 mph when the turn came into view; I didn't appreciate having to burn off that speed with my brakes; I REALLY didn't appreciate overshooting the turn and having to come back UP HILL to make the turn! 5 minutes lost there!

Even with the little hick-up, I still had a PR on the course!

Wheelchair Division
Place First Name         Last Name           Sex  Age   Gun Time     Net Time
1     Edward             Russell              M   60    27:32.01     27:32.01
 
No photos yet, but they should be out soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment