Saturday, April 5, 2014

Bittersweet ... with some good.

At 10:30 PM on April 2nd I was on to road to Orlando. After too many hours of driving I arrived at MCO (Orlando International Airport). jetBlue was my airline of choice to get to BOS (Logan Airport, Boston, Massachusetts). There wasn't TOO much discussion about my racing chair being a wheelchair that they would have to fly for free. Since it was my ONLY luggage, it was probably an easier task.

An easy flight up, and I met with the people from Northeast Passage to turn in my leased handcycle.


Over 200 miles in just a few months. Sad to see it go!

Then it was back into the BOS terminal to wait for my flight back to MCO - with a stop at Boston Beer Works for lunch ... and some hydration. Flight back to MCO was a little rough because the weather out West was starting to pick up. A long ride back home had me arriving around 1 AM on the 4th.

But, I received a couple of e-mails from the VA just before and during my trip.  They have approved everything, and a PO has been issued. Now I just have to find out exactly what was approved and when I can expect MY new ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment