Monday, June 16, 2014

The Neurological State of the Body

My VA Primary Care Physician has not been happy with my falls, etc ... so he set up a follow-up appointment with Neurology. I'm not happy with a FOUR hour drive to see a VA Neurologist ... and I'm not real happy with what he said.

He feels some of my problems are due to Intermittent Circulatory Claudication - so he is scheduling an appointment with Vascular Surgery for ultrasound testing;

He is concerned about some finding and is setting up Cat Scans of my Thoracic and Lumbar Spines (can't do a MRI because of the metal in the Right Ventricle of my heart);

Additionally, he is setting up a couple of gallons of blood work (maybe not that much, but a LOT), because some of my issues can be caused my some Vitamin and Mineral problems;

All this coordinated through my Primary Care Physician in Tallahassee.

Once the results are in, then more intensive testing will probably take place - oh joy!

Other than that, I'm in pretty good shape. I'm getting a prescription for an anti-nausea medication to take during my Migraine Headaches (and possibly be placed back on Fiorinal with Codeine - everyone needs barbiturates and codeine [NOT!])

No comments:

Post a Comment