Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Wow ... just, wow!

The temperatures have been crazy hot; it has rained almost every day; it REALLY hasn't been a good time to try to train on my handcycle ... SO! I got a special deal from SportCrafters on an Overdrive Handcycle Trainer.

What's that, you ask? It is a roller trainer that increases resistance just as if you were rolling down the road.



I got everything set up - including the Garmin Ant+ Speed Sensor - and went for a short trial run. It is MUCH harder than I anticipated ... partially because I went "faster" than I anticipated.

How fast did I go? Average was a little over 6 MPH - which is NOT fast. HOWEVER, I hit a PEAK speed of ... wait for it ... 62.3 MPH!

Yes, it was a VERY short peak, but it shows what the new gearing is capable of. Going down a hill will put far less resistance on the wheel - and me. Going up the hills is still going to be a workout, but going down the hills is going to be a LOT of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment