Sunday, February 16, 2014

Another Weekend and

Two more races.

Saturday, 2/15/2014, I ran the 12K Flash in St. Marks, FL. VERY cool, but a nice flat course mostly on a scenic bike path. I love this course! Finished 1st in the Wheelchair Division with a time of 54:47 - a PR since it was my first 12K in the chair.







I then drove to Gainesville, for packet pickup for the 5 Points Of Life Marathon. Today, 2/16/2014, I got another PR by doing a 3:03:09.7. 1st place Wheelchair; 13th overall and 3rd place Master. The course was HILLY! A lot of the roads could use some work - potholes and just generally rough (and my butt is letting me know it isn't happy about 3 hours in the chair on a rough course and then 4 hours driving home). Part of the course goes though The Swamp - at least you go through part of the Parking Garage and Concession Stand area. You also get to watch the lowlights highlights from some of the Gator Football games on monitors on the course.

Next up - the Albany Marathon in Albany, GA on 3/1/2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment